Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flux Binder's SE30 Review


Flux SE30’s

Ahhhh yes… Softness - fresh laundered clothes, clean sheets, breasts, down comforters, and the Flux SE30.

I was a Burton man; I have never rode any other binding. Why? You can trust Burton. Burton has proven their bindings are both durable and universal. As someone who rides gear to death – just look at my haggard duct taped pants – I knew their bindings would be shred ready for next season.

Enter Flux bindings. I never really considered buying flux bindings. I knew they existed, but I was Burton disciple. By a combination of chance, free Primo Lager, and my wicked freestyle skills, I won a pair of Flux SE30’s during a rap battle under the moniker MC Shermz at the Bear Mountain video premier in Venice, CA. My old Burton Missions were getting pretty beat, so I was psyching on trying the Flux’s.

They arrived in the mail and I tore through the box immediately, revealing a pair of binders and a grip of stickers. One sticker toted “Urethane is the shit!” representing the materials and softness in the bindings. I thought it was kind of gimmicky...until I rode them.

The SE30 is soft, damn soft. I feel more freedom and responsiveness in them than any binding I have ridden, ever, in my 17 years of shred. When your binding is soft, the mechanical feeling of snowboarding vanishes. There is more “give” as I go heal-toe and my riding feels less constricted, and more loose, relaxed, and effortless. It is the difference between the feeling of hard pack and the feeling of powder. The SE30 is riding powder.

Burton is always a good choice, but sometimes you have to try something new. So far, the Flux SE30’s are a rewarding venture, providing a soft, comfortable, loose feel that results in better riding.

SHERM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you beat out Tom Hank's son in that rap battle? HA! All those long nights spent freestylin' in the Jeep finally paid off!

NORE

Nathaniel said...

I want footage / audio of the battle! As for soft bindings, you are absolutly right, thats why I rocked T9's for all those years. I have to ride burtons b/c of the EST slider tracks, and I'll only ride Customs b/c they are the softest. I recently tried some winged hibacks on then out of curiosity and didnt like it, when I wanted to tweak my leg out to the side from the highback or butter really hard I felt too confined, you've gotta be FREEEEEEEEEE (Insert Al Kapreilain voice)

About Me

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not read Board of America during pregnancy because of risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of Board of America impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause the reader to gain a new perspective. Watching TV is the only known cure for Board of America.